Many thanks for taking part in our event. We are very happy to have you compete with us and hope you enjoy yourself.
As a Go Tri event, it is not about racing and results but encouraging you to take part in what may be your first multi-sport event. We have a super sprint course local to Wilmslow and Ashley for you to run, bike and run around. The emphasis will be very much on your enjoyment and taking part. Having said this, if you are an experienced athlete, please go out and set the course record for us!!!
The event will be starting at 9am. We will be setting runners off in groups of 15, leaving 15 seconds apart to avoid a mass start but keep starts and finishes close together. When you register, we will give you your race number. Please aim to get here between 8:00 and 8:30. This should give you plenty of time to register, prepare your kit in transition, familiarise yourself with the building, and transition areas and to warm up.
- You MUST wear a helmet at all times when on the bike. You will not be allowed to exit transition without one on.
- You must not get on your bike until you are out of the gates onto Altrincham Rd where the bike course starts.
- Your bike MUST be roadworthy. We will have a bike mechanic available BEFORE the race if you would like it checking
- Follow the Highway Code at all times on the bike and the run – this is NOT a closed road event, you DO NOT right of way.
- If you’re overtaking anybody, make sure you check over your shoulder for upcoming traffic
- Where marshals aren’t present, follow the McA Fitness & Events signs
- This is an out and back course.
- Follow the Highway Code at all times on the bike and the run – this is NOT a closed road event, you DO NOT have right of way.
- Even if a junction is marshalled, still check for yourself that your route is clear.
- Be aware of other pedestrians, especially with prams and wheelchairs
- Stay on the pavement at all times.
- You MUST have your helmet on BEFORE you leave the transition.
- Be respectful of other athletes equipment, as you would want them to be of yours
We will have a designated First Aider on site should you need it and marshals will be provided with a small first aid kit
Any lost property, found or missing, please ask at reception
CHANGING FACILITIES & BAGGAGE STORAGE
There are separate toilet facilities in the hotel foyer which can be used for changing. Any bags that need storing should be kept inside your car or at your transition area. All items left are left at your own risk.
There is a bar facility located inside the hotel where hot and cold drinks are available to buy. Look out for exclusive discounts the bar are offering on the day.
We recommend that you bring a sports bottle with water for use during the event.
There is a small car park located at the front of the building and large car parks at the rear. Parking is free of charge but you will need to register your registration number in the hotel reception in order to prevent a parking charge.
Please be aware and considerate as we are racing on residential roads.
HOW TO FIND US
The Britannia Airport Inn, Altrincham Rd, Wilmslow, SK9 4LR
From the M56 exit 6, go towards Macclesfield. Continue until you approach the runway tunnels. Travel under both tunnels and across the roundabout. The hotel is located on the left hand side.
From Wilmslow, head out on Altrincham Rd, towards the M56 and Altrincham. The hotel is located on the right hand side at the bottom of the hill.